I propose a new meme be created from the phrase “Go on, try a Linux!” I discovered this phrase on the TwoKinds forums while trolling talking with its members, and I believe it is a good phrase. It is strange, makes no sense, and is stupid, and is therefore quite capable of being a very good meme.
Consider the following:
- Linux is an inherently hilarious operating system, because it isn’t really an operating system so much as it is a party trick which is only useful for awing and astonishing your friends and coworkers at something that still requires that you type words out to install programs.
- Hardcore Linux users are also hilarious, because they all (that means all of them) have Asperger’s and are severely socially retarded.
- Linux has that damn penguin as its mascot, and penguins wear tuxedos.
- Penguins are also funny. Did you see that cartoon with the penguins? Yeah, so did I. That was sure funny, wasn’t it?
And of course let us not forget
- 4chan users will laugh at anything.
In light of these facts, I believe that this phrase will become a meme by next Thursday. Can’t you just see it? Can’t you just see 4chan users driving this meaningless phrase right into the ground? I sure can:
And there you have it, a perfectly logical scenario for my “Go on, try a Linux!” meme. I predict that I will wish I had never found this. Even if 4channers don’t use it it’s close enough to the shit they come up with that it’s almost like they’ve already used it. It’s pretty much already being used, just in different phrases. I’ll bet when you saw this title you thought, “Gee, I wonder when I’ll be seeing that one around Encyclopedia Dramatica.” That’s just the kind of phrase this is. You just feel like it’s already being used. Even if it’s not.
I can’t wait for someone to use this… this thing. It will make Milhouse a meme. And we all know what happens when that happens.